Continuing Care - Heritage Place
Our Home is Your Home
If your loved one is having difficulty maintaining an independent lifestyle, Heritage Place can help. We have a place for seniors and the disabled to go, allowing them to maintain their highest level of independence as long as possible and yet, providing for their needs as they change. We understand the desire to live in a warm, home-like environment. Residents’ rooms are semi-private and areas for socialization with friends and family are are available as well as private space to be alone.
Making the Right Decisions
We realize that our residents want to be involved in making decisions. Our staff assists in maintaining quality of life by allowing residents and their families to make as many choices as possible that will allow the greatest independence and safety. Our services are designed to assist senior adults with a variety of issues. Our professional care staff are available to help residents and families assess and evaluate their needs.
Care For the Whole Person
Like Central Peninsula Hospital, Heritage Place is an affiliate member of the National Planetree Alliance. Heritage Place proudly follows the Planetree model of offering the best in resident-centered care:
- A warm and friendly environment where family members are always welcome
- A professional staff dedicated to treating each resident with dignity and respect
- Therapeutic recreation, encouraging each resident to regain and maintain the ability to participate in daily activities
- Support from a large group of volunteers and church groups
- On-site beautician and barber services
- Intergenerational programs with preschool and elementary school children
- A “town square” area for residents and families to gather
- Insurance card(s)
- Special care for dementia patients is provided in our “Sitka Rose” community
- A five-star dining experience offers personalized meals and dining options for residents based on preferences and medical needs
- A strong, restorative program helps maintain resident health and well-beings. A full range of short and long-term rehabilitative therapies are offered, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy. We provide outpatient physical and occupational therapy for the community.
- Discharge planning is offered to assist with medication schedules, rehabilitation and other at-home needs. Our staff is also available to coordinate services to help you transition to home.
- We provide end-of-life “Comfort Care” for residents and their families, which involves spiritual, medical, social and volunteer services.
Heritage Place is owned and operated by Central Peninsula Hospital. It is a 60 bed, skilled nursing facility, certified by the State of Alaska, and has served the community since 1986. For further information, contact Heritage Place at 714-5000.