MyCPH Terms & Conditions
CENTRAL PENINSULA HOSPITAL
PATIENT PORTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
The MyCPH patient portal offers secure viewing and communication as a service to Central Peninsula Hospital patients who wish to view parts of their records and communicate with our staff. These can be valuable tools, but certain precautions should be used to minimize risks to your confidentiality. To help manage these risks, there are terms and conditions for participation in MyCPH. By selecting “Accept” at the bottom of this page, you confirm that you have been informed of these risks and agree to the conditions of participation.
MyCPH offers the following functions:
Allows you to view information entered into core parts of your electronic health record (e.g. allergies, lab results, radiology reports, visit history, etc). You may view and/or print for other physicians to keep in your own record set. If needed, you may obtain a full copy of your medical record by contacting the Medical Record department at (907) 714-4175.
Note: Certain documents will not be available through the patient portal but are still available by contacting the Medical Record department.
Allows you to view your current and past medications entered by your physician or clinical staff.
View your upcoming appointments and request/reschedule/cancel appointments. Also allows you to pre-register for appointments.
Contains your demographic information, insurance and personal contacts. Allows to view and request changes to your information.
Protecting Your Privacy Health Information and Risks:
CPH understands the importance of privacy with regard to your healthcare and will continue to protect the privacy of your medical information.
All messaging through MyCPH will be encrypted. See section on “MyCPH guidelines and Security” for explanation.
All e-mail address lists will be kept confidential and such lists will not be shared with other parties, unless necessary to carry out MyCPH operations (e.g. MyCPH system upgrades) or required by law.
Read our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices on how your private health information is handled by CPH. This can be viewed here.
Once you enroll as a user in MyCPH you have control over who may access your information through the patient portal. You are encouraged to keep your user name and password secure (e.g. not shared with others, not left in a place where others can see it). If you feel your password is no longer secure, you may change your MyCPH password anytime. If you forget your password contact Health Information at (907) 714-4175.
Keeping your information secure depends on two (2) additional factors:
a) CPH must have your correct/current e-mail address, and
b) The authorized portal user must have access to that e-mail.
Only you can make sure these two (2) factors are present. If you update your e-mail address, please inform CPH so your portal communications will not be impacted. If the e-mail address you provide to CPH is a “shared” e-mail address, the individuals you share this e-mail address with will have access to your portal-related e-mails and possibly gain access to your personal information held within the portal.
Notify Medical Records at (907) 714-4175 if you feel there has been unauthorized use of your login information or you believe that your login is no longer confidential.
Reasonable efforts will be made to respond to e-mail inquiries within one (1) business day, but no later than three (3) business days, after receipt. Response time may be longer if the patient portal service is interrupted for maintenance, upgrades or other events beyond our control. In this respect, you agree not to hold Central Peninsula Hospital or its agents in any way liable or responsible to you for such modification, suspension or disruption of the patient portal.
You are encouraged to use MyCPH at any time. However, messages or requests through MyCPH are processed 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Central Peninsula Hospital offers MyCPH to our patients as an internet-based service. Like other internet-based services you might use, your device, software, and internet speed may impact how this service may function. CPH does not offer technical support for privately owned devices. If you are having difficulty, you may contact us to make sure you are properly enrolled or to see if MyCPH is operational. You will need to address other types of technical issues with your own technical support person.
Medical Advice and Information Disclaimer
MyCPH may from time to time include information posted by CPH in the form of news, opinions, or general education materials that should not be construed as specific medical advice or instruction from CPH. Information within MyCPH is not intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. The information posted on MyCPH should not be considered complete, nor should it be relied upon to suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual. You should always seek the advice of your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and you should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking that advice because of something you may have read on MyCPH.
* I understand that MyCPH contains selected, limited medical information from my medical record and that MyCPH does not reflect the complete contents of my medical record. I also understand that a paper copy of my medical record may be requested from Health Information Management at Central Peninsula Hospital.
* I understand that my activities within MyCPH may be tracked by computer audits and entries I make in MyCPH may become part of my medical record.
* I understand access to this secure web-based portal is an optional service. If abuse or negligent use of MyCPH is reported or identified, CPH reserves the right at our own discretion to end patient portal offering, suspend user access or modify services offered through MyCPH.
* I understand MyCPH is not intended to provide internet-based diagnostic medical services and the portal offers no emergent communications or services. Emergent or urgent medical conditions should be communicated to your medical provider, 911 or the Emergency Department.
* I understand and agree that any information I may enter or request to be changed (e.g. demographic, insurance) will be true, accurate, complete and updated whenever there is a change. I also understand that I may be contacted by CPH in order to verify any changes requested through MyCPH.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT
* I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand this consent form. I have been given risks and benefits of using MyCPH and agree that I understand the risks associated with online communications that may be offered through MyCPH.
* I acknowledge that using MyCPH is entirely voluntary and will not impact the quality of care I receive at Central Peninsula Hospital should I decide against using MyCPH.
* I acknowledge that my questions have been answered.