Frequently Asked Questions

1. What are the hours of operation for the Health Information Management (medical record) Department?

Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm.  The office is closed on week-ends and holidays.

2. How do I request a copy of my medical record?

The Medical Record Department is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, and closed on week-ends and holidays.

You may call, fax or e-mail a request to the Medical Record Department.

                                 By phone: 907-714-4564
                                 By fax: 844-412-3942

To protect your privacy against identity theft, we will need to confirm your identity. This may require a follow-up phone call from us.

If the records are being sent to a third party, you will need to sign an authorization form, which is available here (click here for form).

If you wish to come by to pick up records, please note our office hours and our service location in the River Tower (medical office) building.  Photo ID must be presented upon pick-up.  Another individual may not pick-up records on your behalf, unless you have signed an authorization to release the records to them.  They will also need to provide photo ID.

The Imaging Department provides copies of test images and reports.  The Imaging Department can be contacted at (907) 714-4581.

The MyChart patient portal gives you easy 24/7 access to your electronic medical records from any device.  To sign up for MyChart, contact your CPH provider clinic, hospital registration, or the Medical Record Department.

3. How do I get copies of Xray images?

The Imaging Department provides copies of test images and reports. The Imaging Department can be contacted at (907) 714-4581.

If the records are being sent to a third party, you will need to sign an authorization form, which is available here 

4. May my spouse or another designated representative request and receive copies of my medical record or films?

Only if he/she is your documented power of attorney over your health-care matters, documented guardian, or executor of your estate. Otherwise, your permission is needed for them to request and pick-up your medical records.  if you are unable to pick-up your records or film copies personally, you should complete an the “Authorization to Release Information Form” allowing your spouse (or designated representative) to pick up the records/films. That individual (your spouse or other designated representative) will need to present their photo ID at the time of pick-up.

5. Will you fax copies to me?

To protect your privacy we do not fax medical records to fax machines that are shared by multiple people (e.g., places of employment, UPS Store, office of an apartment complex, etc.). We will fax to your care provider’s office if it is required for continuing your care.

6. If I have lost my identification (driver’s license, etc.) can I come to the hospital to obtain proof of my identity?

CPH must be able to verify the identity of individuals before providing any confidential information.  In person requests or record pick-ups will require presentation of a state or federal photo ID.

7. If I find something I feel is not correct or incomplete in my medical record, how can I address that?

Under HIPAA, patients have a right to request an addendum to their medical record if they feel information in their record is incomplete or incorrect.

To start the process, you must complete and sign the “Request for Addendum” form (hyperlinked).   The completed form should be sent to the medical record department to the attention of the Privacy Officer.  You provide this in person, or by fax, mail, or e-mail.

By Fax: (907) 262-2753
By e-mail:
Mail: Privacy Officer
         Medical Record Department
         Central Peninsula Hospital
         250 Hospital Place
         Soldotna, AK 99669

Email to a Friend

Share this with friends!