• Email This Page

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What are the hours of operation for the Health Information Management (medical record) Department?

Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm.  The office is closed on week-ends and holidays.


2. How do I request a copy of my medical record?

Complete, sign and date an "Authorization to Release Information Form" and fax or mail it to Central Peninsula Hospital, Health Information Management Department.  The fax number is (844) 412-3942.


3. How do I get copies of Xray images?

Contact the Imaging Department for copies of your test images. The Imaging Department can be contacted at (907) 714-4581.

Obtaining copies of your images will also require you to complete, sign and date an "Authorization to Release Information Form" and present legal photo ID at the time of pick-up.


4. May my spouse or another designated respresentative request and receive copies of my medical record or films?

Only if he/she is your documented power of attorney over your health-care matters, documented guardian, or executor of your estate. Otherwise, your permission is needed for them to request and pick-up your medical records.  if you are unable to pick-up your records or film copies personally, you should complete an the "Authorization to Release Information Form" allowing your spouse (or designated representative) to pick up the records/films. That indivudal (your spouse or other designated representative) will need to present their photo ID at the time of pick-up.


5. Will you fax copies to me?

To protect your privacy we do not fax medical records to fax machines that are shared by multiple people (e.g., places of employment, UPS Store, office of an apartment complex, etc). We will fax to your care provider's office if it is required for continuing your care.


6. How do I request copies of medical records from my last doctor visit?

If your last doctor's visit was at the physician's clinic location, please contact that clinic for your records.


7. If I have lost my identification (driver's license, etc) can I come to the hospital to obtain proof of my identity?

CPH will not provide any medical record information to individuals that do not present proper photo ID issued by a state or federal agency, such as a state issues driver's license or military-issued photo ID.


8. If I find something I feel is not correct or incomplete in my medical record, how can I address that?

Under HIPAA, patients have a right to request an addendum to their medical record if they feel information in their record is incomplete or incorrect.

To start the process, you must complete and sign the "Request for Addendum" form. You should send it to the attention of the Privacy Officer at CPH by fax, mail, in person.

The HIM Department Fax number is: (844) 412-3942

The mailing address is:

Health Information Management Department
Central Peninsula Hospital
250 Hospital Place
Soldotna, AK 99669