SAFETY: We are a highly reliable organization that is uncompromising in our commitment to a culture of safety through our core values and behaviors. Collective and sustained commitment by organizational leadership, managers and health care workers emphasize safety over competing goals. Safety is our number one priority.
- Demonstrates individual accountability as a team member to be committed, self-managing and competent. In return, the organization is accountable for treating individuals fairly and justly “when things go wrong”.
- Commits to open communication through asking questions, respectfully challenging, seeking feedback, suggesting innovations and reporting without fear of retaliation, intimidation, harassment or discrimination.
- Encourages collaboration throughout the organization to seek solutions to safety concerns through process improvement.
- Committed to resiliency by identifying, controlling and recovering from errors, and using them as opportunities for learning and growth.
INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest ethical and performance standards, demonstrating honesty, professionalism and sincerity.
- Displays honesty, sincerity and integrity in all actions.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for actions.
- Observes and complies with CPH’s missions, vision, values, policies and procedures, and healthcare regulations.
- Displays open communication.
COMPASSION: We recognize every person as a whole human being with different needs that must be met through listening, empathizing and nurturing.
- Provides caring treatment that adapts to each individual.
- Responding with sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Provides support by celebrating joys, comforting in sorrow and supporting in failures.
- Act as an advocate for those in need.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE: We are committed to consistently improving healthcare outcomes and exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
- Applies the Planetree concepts of care to personalize, humanize and demystify person-centered care.
- Accepts change as a constant opportunity for progress and achievement that moves the organization ahead.
- Anticipate needs of customers and meets/exceeds them.
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge, skill and service, and shares one’s knowledge with others.
- Remains current in processes, policies and continuously improves performance.
- Displays an innovative spirit and strives to improve the person-centered care experience.
RESPECT: We will create a harmonious environment that will honor each person’s dignity and reflect their worth.
- Promotes a culture that makes people feel appreciated and valued.
- Demonstrates professionalism in treating staff and providers with dignity and respect that inspires the trust and confidence of our patients.
- Demonstrates zero tolerance for harassment, threats, intimidation and discrimination.
- Recognizes each person as a welcome guest by demonstrating courteous interactions and respect for diverse backgrounds.
STEWARDSHIP: We are each responsible for wise oversight of all resources entrusted to us.
- Carefully manages resources to maximize their worth and effectiveness.
- Optimizes use of time by efficiently using resources to identify barriers and balance priorities.
- Efficiently utilizes tools, resources, techniques, and/or systems to organize tasks.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously, assuring the timely and accurate completion of tasks.