Kickstart your nursing career.
Nurse Residency Program
• 10-month comprehensive transition to practice
• Aligned with evidence-based practice
• Aligned with CPH core values and patient safety
• The nurse resident curriculum will facilitate the professional development and socialization of the new nurse to identify education gaps in clinical knowledge
• Further knowledge and hands-on experience
• Improve the competency of the nurse resident
• Enhance clinical decision making
• Enhance nurse resident experience
• Provide a safe introduction into the profession
Here to Serve You:
• New nurses with no hospital experience
• Nurses who want to transition from MS to a specialty area
• Three weeks of education, orientation, and hands on experience
• 2024: March 25 – April 11; August 19 – Sept 5
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – classroom
• Thursday – clinical
• Fourteen to sixteen weeks of clinical experience with an assigned preceptor. Will vary from department to department.
• Monthly 8-hour mandatory educational days focusing on areas of need for remainder of the ten-month nurse residency program
How nurse residents are supported:
• Provide a cohort experience to promote peer and professional socialization
• Assign a preceptor to each nurse resident
• Assign a mentor to each nurse resident
• Provide regular meetings between unit leadership, preceptors, nurse resident, and clinical nurse educator
• Provide continuing education
Interested in joining the program?
Programs are run twice a year in the Spring and Fall. Sign up today and we’ll notify you when applications are being accepted! Or follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Passing NCLEX required to start program, but may interview prior.