• Email This Page

Birth Certificates

Central Peninsula Hospital is required to report all birth data to the State of Alaska - Bureau of Vital Statistics.   Parents complete a birth certificate worksheet before they leave the hospital that is submitted to the Bureau of Vital Statistics.  CPH does not keep a copy of this worksheet.

How do I get a copy of my baby's birth certificate?

CPH does not submit information to Social Security.  When completing the pink birth certificate work sheet you mark if you want your child’s information submitted for a social security card.  If you mark Yes, the State Department of Vital Statistics, when they receive your child’s birth data from us, will then submit the child’s information to the Social Security Administration.  If, on the pink birth certificate worksheet you marked No or left this blank, you will need to follow-up with the Social Security Administration by going to their website at www.ssa.gov, or by calling their office.

How do I get a social security number for my baby?

If you did not fill out paperwork for a social security number when you delivered your baby you must go to the local Social Security office to apply.  If you prefer, you may access the Social Security Administration website at www.ssa.gov or call their toll-free number for information.